This blog has been created to share my experience on passing Project Management Professional (PMP) exam with 'Above Target' performance rating in all Process Groups (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing) in the first attempt. This blog describes a KISS (Keep It Short & Simple) approach for passing the exam.


'Above Target' is the highest performance rating in PMP exam.

Sunday 19 November 2017

The day before PMP exam

I had scheduled my exam for 1 pm on Monday so that I would have time on Saturday and Sunday for revision. I took a day off from work on Friday to prepare better for the exam. So, I had three days before the day of the exam to revise what I had already studied. I avoided studying anything new and focused on
revising sections that I had highlighted during the previous readings.

I located Prometric Test Centre on Google Maps and decided on the route that I would take to reach there. I also decided on the time I would have to leave home so that I could reach the test centre 1 hour before my scheduled time of the exam.

I completed revision of my PMP study material around 6 pm on Sunday, which was the day before the exam. After 6 pm, I decided to close all the study material and I watched Shark Tank on Netflix. I suggest doing something that relaxes you and keeps your energy at good level on the evening of the day before the exam; for me, it is watching Shark Tank. I had good dinner so that I could sleep well. I slept for around 7 hours during the night and I felt that I was rested well when I woke up on the exam day.


No comments:

Post a Comment