This blog has been created to share my experience on passing Project Management Professional (PMP) exam with 'Above Target' performance rating in all Process Groups (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing) in the first attempt. This blog describes a KISS (Keep It Short & Simple) approach for passing the exam.


'Above Target' is the highest performance rating in PMP exam.

Sunday 19 November 2017

PMP exam day

On the day of the exam, plan to reach the test centre early. I planned to reach the test centre 1 hour early, but could reach the centre only 30 minutes before the scheduled time of my exam. Carry a hoody or a sweater to the test centre so that
you can wear it if you feel cold during the exam. 

Remember to carry identity and address proofs as mentioned in the exam confirmation email from Prometric. Also keep the email confirmation from Prometric handy. I had a pdf version of the confirmation email on my cellphone and I did not take a hard copy. However, I would suggest carrying a hardcopy to mitigate the risk of something going wrong with the cellphone.

I had scheduled my exam for 1 pm at Prometric Test Centre in Bangalore, India.

I slept for around 7 hours the previous night so that I was well rested on the day of the exam. After I got up, I practiced Yoga and had breakfast. I carried 3 Oranges (not orange juice) with me to have before the exam so that I would not feel hungry during the exam. I chose Oranges because I did not want to have something that would pull down my concentration levels. I carried a sweater and a bottle of water in my bag. I had taken the day off from work and I left home early so that I can remain calm and not be affected in case of something unplanned happening during my travel to the test centre. I had 3 Oranges about half an hour before reaching the test centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment